Tonight's Powerball jackpot is the 10th largest in history, at $403 million dollars. Before you select your numbers, consider these tips from SmartLuck.com::
- A combination of all odd or all even numbers are drawn only 4 percent of the time. The best mix is to have 3 odd/2 even or 2 odd/3 even. One of these two number patterns has occurred in about 70 percent of drawings!
- There are 69 numbers in Powerball, numbers 1 to 34 the low half, and numbers 35 to 69 the high half. Only 4 percent of the time will all high or all low numbers be drawn. So it’s best to have a mix of 3 low/2 high or 2 low/3 high numbers. One of these 2 patterns has occurred in about 64 percent of drawings.
- Do you choose your numbers based on the previous drawing? On average, one number will be a repeat hit from the last drawing 38 percent of the time. 15 percent of the time more than one number will repeat from the last drawing while no number will be a repeat in 47 percent of the drawing.
- Add up the five Powerball main numbers you choose to play. The sum of those numbers should be between 130 and 221. Sums that fall within that range account for over 70 percent of all lottery jackpots won.
- Remember if you're playing numbers that are birth dates and anniversaries or your children's ages, you're only playing numbers 1 through 31. Powerball has 69 numbers, so you're leaving out almost half the numbers in the game.
Find more tips here: http://www.smartluck.com/free-lottery-tips/powerball-569-pb.htm