I don't know who Dave Stopera is - I never heard of him until a click a link that took me to an article he posted on buzzfeed.com when I learned, because of his bi-line, that he is on the BuzzFeed Staff.
His article "23 Food Opinions That Are True For Absolutely No Reason At All" is very hard to dispute. Consider these of the 23:
1. Soda tastes inexplicably better out of a glass bottle:
3. Pasta tastes way better when it's cut into shapes:
6. Nothing is more delicious than a surprise onion ring in your fries:
7. Chinese food is always better the day after:
13. The surprise fries at the bottom of the bag are the best fries of all:
14. Sandwiches cut diagonally are automatically 150% more delicious:
22. Fruit (especially apples) is way better sliced.
Take a look at the complete list here.