The first Thursday of April is always celebrated as National Burrito Day!
- The word Burrito means Little Donkey in Spanish
- Burritos are made differently - in Mexico, they are thin, small and have only one or two ingredients; In the U.S. they are bigger with multiple ingredients including meat and vegetables
- In 1958 the burrito appeared in the Oxford English Dictionary.
According to Grubhub, bean burritos are the favorite and the No. 1 food of 2018 based on orders placed on their website and app. But, according to a Chipolte survey, South Carolina is one of the 10 states that like burritos the least.Wyoming is the state that loves burritos the most.
Here's where you can get a burrito deal today:
- Chipotle: Get free delivery on all orders $10 and up Thursday on all orders placed through the Chipotle app or website, or through DoorDash.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill:Get a $5 burrito on April 4 at Moe’s!
- QDOBA Mexican Eats: To celebrate National Burrito Day, QDOBA is offering rewards members triple points Thursday. Sign up for the free program at www.qdoba.com.
- Pilot Flying J - Score two breakfast burritos for just $4 on April 4