We're more upbeat at work during the holidays, but also more stressed. So says a survey of 2,700 professionals from staffing firm Accountemps. While 51 percent of people said they are more cheerful on the job during the holidays, 35 percent said they are more stressed.
What makes us stressed at work during the holidays?
- Balancing holiday events and work obligations (32 percent),
- Taking time off and coming back to heavy workloads (23 percent)
- Having fewer people on the job to help (18 percent)
What could the company do to bring the most holiday cheer to you on the job?
- Higher year-end bonuses (37 percent),
- More flexible work schedules (32 percent)
- Additional paid vacation time (17 percent).