To find out, the 2016 QRS Drive Thru Study had people make close to 2,000 trips to 15 different fast-food chains. On average, each order took 3 minutes and 46 seconds from start to finish.
The top 5 fastest drive-thrus:
1. Wendy's. The only chain to break the 3 minute mark with an average order time of 2 minutes and 49 seconds.
2. Dunkin' Donuts -- 3 minutes and 1 second.
3. Burger King -- 3 minutes and 21 seconds.
4. KFC -- 3 minutes and 24 seconds.
5. McDonald's -- 3 minutes and 28 seconds.
Chick-Fil-A's drive-thru ranked eleventh while the slowest drive-thru was Starbucks, at just under five minutes per order.
If you care more about your order being correct than being done quickly, Carl's Jr. is best. They got it right 97% of the time, followed by Chick-fil-A with a 95% accuracy, and Hardee's was 3rd in accuracy correctly filling orders 93% of the time. Panera Bread has the least accurate drive-thru at 83%, meaning something was wrong on one out of every six orders.
You can see the entire list of the 15 chains that were part of the study by clicking here.