- “Mad Men” returns to start its final season this weekend. Among some things that you maybe didn’t know about the AMC show that will air Sunday night at 10 …
• January Jones Originally Auditioned For Peggy
How different would the show be if, instead of Betty Draper, she was Peggy, Don’s secretary turned feminist trailblazer?
• John Slattery Originally Auditioned For Don
Speaking of different, imagine if John Slattery, aka Roger Sterling, was instead Don Draper?
• Just What Do They Use For Cigarettes and Alcohol?
The cast smokes herbal cigarettes, described by Jon Hamm as tasting “terrible… like a mixture of pot and soup.” And, he drinks brown apple juice to simulate Don’s Old Fashioneds, while John Slattery downs onion water to mimic Roger Sterling’s Vodka Martinis,
• The Show was Turned Down by Both HBO and Showtime
• The Majority of the Show’s Writers are Women
• Don Draper is Based on a Real Person
The man best known for creating the Marlboro Man, Draper Daniels. These facts, come from www.guyism.com, who have other Mad Men tidbits here: http://guyism.com/entertainment/tv/mad-men-trivia-history-facts.html
- "Mad Men" is back Sunday, right after "Game of Thrones." If you're a "Game of Thrones" fan, today's "Video of the Day" is a must watch!
- What word did you vote as the new Scrabble word? Find out with today's "3 Things You Need to Know"